What You Need

Tax Wiz


Please open this file and fill out the following information: Client Tax Organizer


Client Interview Checklist

Before your appointment, please review the following client tax organizer above and bring any and all documentation that will assist in preparing your tax returns.


Below is a general checklist of what you will need.



  • Name
  • Social Security Card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
  • All Dependent’s Social Security Numbers and Dates of Birth
  • Prior Year Adjusted Gross Income
  • Bank Account Information for Electronic Refund Deposit with Routing Number
  • Last Year’s Federal and State Tax Returns



  • Wage Statements (Form W-2)
  • Interest Income (Form 1099-INT or substitute)
  • Dividend Income (Form 1099-DIV or substitute)
  • Self-Employment Income (Form 1099-MISC)
  • Sales Commissions (Form 1099-MISC)
  • Social Security Income (Form SSA-1099)
  • Unemployment Income (Form1099-G)
  • Pension Retirement Income (Form1099-R)
  • IRA or 401(k) Distribution Income (Form1099-R)
  • State Income Tax Refund (Form 1099-G)
  • Gambling or Lottery Winnings (Form W-2G)
  • Miscellaneous Income (Form 1099-MISC)
  • Alimony Income
  • Cancellation of Debt (1099-C)
  • 1099 Consolidated Tax Reporting Statements which may include interest, dividends and other supplemental information.
  • Brokerage Statements reporting tax exempt income
  • Farm Income
  • Rental Income
  • Sale of Business Assets
  • Sale of Personal Residence
  • Stock and Bond Sales (Form 1099-B)
  • Income From Partnerships, Corporations, Trusts, Estates (Schedule K-1)



  • Estimated Income Taxes already paid (Form 1040-ES Payment Vouchers)
  • Traditional IRA Contributions
  • Amount Paid to Professional Preparer Last Year
  • Mortgage or Home Equity Loan Interest (Form 1098)
  • Health Insurance Information
  • Medical Expenses (including Dental and Eye Care)
  • Charitable Contributions (Cash and Non-Cash)
  • Child Care Expenses
  • Dependents Education Expenses
  • Job-Related Educational Expenses
  • Student Loan Interest (Form 1098-E)
  • Tuition and Education Fees (Form 1098-T)
  • Lottery and Gambling Losses
  • Moving Expenses
  • Alimony Expense
  • Expenses from Rental Properties
  • Theft and Casualty Losses
  • Union and Professional Dues
  • Foreign Taxes
  • State Income Tax
  • State and Local Sales Tax
  • Real Estate or Personal Property Taxes
  • Unreimbursed Employee Business Expenses



  • Child Care Provider Address, I.D. Number and amounts paid
  • Adoption Expense Information
  • Foreign Taxes Paid

Do you believe you may be eligible for the Earned Income Credit? Ask us

Did you refinance your home last year?